One of my weekend meals included this mess:
A sweet potato veggie scramble from Station 2, which included sweet potato hash, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, 2 eggs, and cheddar cheese. As unappetizing as it looks, it was actually so delicious and I can't wait to recreate it in my own kitchen!
Here are a few adjustments I plan on making:
- Removing the green peppers (personal preference)
- Possibly adding mushrooms for "meatiness"
- Adding finely chopped kale or spinach for "something green"
- Mixing up the textures--A majority of the veggies were grated or finely diced. Keeping some of the veggies in larger pieces, plus the use of leafy greens would help keep things interesting!
- Tossing in some additional spices like smoked paprika or chili powder
What I really love is how this dish, packed with veggies and protein, is an cceptable meal for any time of day! I build a majority of my meals off of how I'm going to get my non-meat protein; and it's funny how often I forget about eggs as a delicious and cheap source of protein! Eggs fall into the "breakfast" category, but they are an easy addition to any veggie-based meal. And with one of my 2013 goals being to try fried and poached eggs, I'm hoping to get even more egg-venturous in my kitchen within the upcoming months ;)
Do you have a favorite egg dish you eat for lunch or dinner?