Although probably not the most attractive fish dish you've ever seen, this meal is as delicious as it is easy. And, good news: you probably already have most of this stuff on-hand!
Cilantro Ginger Mahi Mahi
- Followed this recipe from The Kitchn
- Alterations included: using mahi mahi instead of tilapia (but you could use any white fish you have!), omitting the jalapeno, Sherry cooking wine instead of white wine, and omitting scallions
- I used the mahi mahi straight from the freezer; that, along with the fillet being thicker than a typical tilapia fillet, added about 5-8 extra minutes to the baking time.
Sweet Potato Brown Rice
- Prepare Boil-in-Bag brown rice according to the directions
- Grate one small sweet potato and cook over medium heat with 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil until cooked. Season with salt, pepper, freshly grated ginger, and a pinch of cayenne. Add 1 1/2 cups of brown rice to pan and saute for about 2-3 minutes or until well incorporated and thoroughly heated.