Friday, October 7, 2011

[DIY] Favorite Food Friday - Breakfast Parfait with Greek Yogurt


You know how some people dress fancy when they're feeling crappy? I definitely EAT fancy instead.

Mmm breakfast parfaits. Such a refreshing and well-rounded meal. They're so pretty too! Lately, I like making them in clear glasses or bowls, so I can enjoy the layers :-) Here are my four steps to morning happiness...
  1. Greek Yogurt - Some might think I'm weird, but I LOVE Trader Joe's uber-thick and tart Greek Yogurt (Blueberry and Pomegranate flavors). Also PLEASE try their organic vanilla greek yogurt!!! I used to think vanilla yogurt was against nature, similar to chocolate yogurt, but then I tried this one. There are real vanilla bean flecks and it tastes like awesome. I also love me some Chobani.
  2. Granola - Trader Joe's Mixed Berry Granola. Crunchy heaven. Right up there with Biscoff spread in my unhealthy-addiction book. Sometimes I'll pick Special K Low-Fat Granola if I want to be good. Still yummy, but it definitely tastes better for you. (One day I will make homemade!)
  3. Fruit(s) - It depends on my yogurt flavor and time of year, but its typically bananas, raspberries or blueberries. Mmmmmmm.
  4. Repeat!
Happy weekend <3

 

2 comments:

  1. Yuum!!! My favorite breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valarie this looks and sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your site, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete